– What we look for in the non profit realm:
- Founders –> we look for people who are very determined –> we look for a group of founders who will not give up
- We’re really interested in working with technology infused non profit
- We’re looking for people who’s working on some of the world’s difficult problems and really have the desire to create broad impact
- We have appreciation for sustainable biz model –> at one point reaching sustainability on their operation so they’re not continually fund raising.
– Distilling down the process (of starting a startup):
- work on the product
- talk to their users
- measure their impact on a weekly basis
– Without getting feedback from the people that you’re building the product for, you’re not gonna make / build a good product –> we ask people to get a small number of people who love their product –> ask them to measure on a weekly basis –> then you’ll get a sense whether you’re actually making progress.